The following Code of Conduct applies to members of Christian Communicators of the South East (CCofSE), and those attending CCofSE events. All those associated with CCofSE are expected to help ensure that the Code is honored. Parents will be the first line of enforcement of this Code of Conduct as it relates to their children.
Because biblical principles are the standard for our conduct, we will seek, to the best of our ability, to adhere to the following guidelines:
- We will treat others with respect before, during, and after rounds, regardless of the outcome.
- We will use Christ-honoring language that edifies others.
- We will not engage in cheating, plagiarism, or deception.
- We will dress in a way that is modest and does not call attention to ourselves.
- We will gratefully consider the investment of time that volunteer judges make at tournaments, and graciously accept their decisions.
Should an issue come up at a CCofSE event that needs to be resolved, we will follow the biblical guidelines found in Matthew 18.
- Keep the matter confidential by going to the individual first. Most differences can be resolved this way.
- Keep the circle small.If the issue is not resolved, prayerfully take it to a coach who may or may not choose to take it to the tournament director.
- Be humble and forgiving. Choose not to take offense whenever possible.
- At a tournament, the tournament director will be the final authority to determine any action that needs to be taken.
For ladies, this means a jacket paired with modestly-cut and modestly-fitted pants, skirt, or dress with the hem line falling below the knee and conservative dress shoes. Shirts are not to be form-fitted, and midriffs must be covered. For Individual Events, jackets are optional. Professional grooming for ladies includes business-appropriate hairstyle, jewelry, and makeup.
For men, this means professional business dress, specifically a suit or blazer and dress slacks, shirt, tie, and dark dress shoes. (Suit jacket is optional for Jr and JV boys in Individual Events.) Professional grooming for men includes being clean shaven or having neatly groomed facial hair.